Bringing a new perspective to your workforce development effort. Of course, skill training covers the technical side of fulfilling job requirements. Traditional employee handbooks cover details of work rules, company policies and compliance requirements.
Vision Corner's program tells the story of the employees' role as an excellent player on an excellent team. Sessions can be held for any number of employees in your facility, the Vision Corner facility or online. We start with a template of important topics, but tailor the content to your objectives and leadership philosophy. Many subjects use the metaphor of a winning sports team, an easily understood idea:
- Awareness of the reality of competition. We are in a competitive marketplace. There will be winners and losers. Only the winners are assured of career stability and long-term career progress.
- Company commitment to excellence: a championship mentality, an assumption that "We are winners, as individual employees and as a team ready to win in the marketplace.
- Importance of customer experience. We win in the marketplace of we achieve full customer satisfaction. Directly or indirectly, every employee is involved in assuring satisfied customers.
- Importance of individual team member's role: reliable attendance, physically and emotionally ready, good work habits, fundamentally sound skills, relentless execution of the details
- Importance of teamwork: Teamwork is both an attitude and a set of communication and coordination disciplines. In a championship culture there is no room for the poison of negativism that can destroy team morale.
- Helping shape the championship culture: Individual employees can make personal decisions to join one of three categories: (1) Those who contribute positively to team attitude and cooperation; (2) Those who are net neutral, doing their job effectively, with no attempt to affect team effectiveness; (3) Those who actively contribute ideas and energy that raise morale and improve company performance. Obviously, the choice that employees make will directly affect job security and career advancement.
- Understanding professional cordiality: In every group of human beings, there will be personality conflicts. Our company does not expect that everyone will like everyone else. But professional cordiality requires that all communications and interactions that affect quality or customer satisfaction will be conducted cordially and professionally.
- Common sense commitment to excellence: Each of us comes to work daily with the opportunity to strive for excellence or to settle for less. While we're here, doesn't it makes sense to take the steps that leads to security and prosperity?
- Zero tolerance for danger zones: Our company culture must not allow the poisons of sloppy performance, dishonesty, bullying or harassment, or intentional divisiveness. We must commit to Identifying dangerous behavior and rooting it out before it can grow.
Your approach to these issues -- or other issues specific to your company-- will be included in the training sessions or related printed material.